TEAK2 can always be reached at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all your general questions or questions regarding orders, advice, delivery, after-sales service, etc., this e-mail address applies. All mails will be answered as soon as possible with a deadline of 24 hours. No response within this period? Look in your spambox or try it by phone.
PLACE AN ORDER
You can easily place an order online via the webshop or in the showroom in Pelt (Belgium). Are the desired products in stock? You can easily place the items in the shopping basket and then checkout. This step can be started by clicking on the top right of the shopping cart. Then fill in the details and follow the next steps. Checkout is currently only possible by bank transfer or cash on delivery. When placing the order, you can choose to pick up or deliver.
Are the desired products not in stock or do you prefer to order via email? Send us an email with the question or order and we will help you as soon as possible.
Immediately after placing an order in the webshop you will automatically receive a confirmation by email. If you do not receive this confirmation, we ask you to contact us recording to see where it went wrong.
CANCEL AN ORDER
It is provided by law that you can cancel an order free of charge if it has not yet left the warehouse.
If the product is specially ordered by order of the customer or if the item is custom-made, then this order is excluded from cancellation free of charge. Once production has started, the cancellation fee is 25% of the sales value of the ordered item.
TEAK2 has a very large stock in order to serve the customer quickly. However, due to the large assortment it is not possible to have every product in stock. The stock status in the webshop is updated weekly to be as up to date as possible.
Is the article out of stock or do you want a different size? Contact TEAK2 and inquire about the status. Despite the weekly update, due to the large product range, the stock status may not be completely up to date. Of course we try to limit this as much as possible. When the product in the webshop is not in stock, it can happen that the article is still in stock. Moreover, it is always good to inform if the article is on its way or almost shipped from Indonesia. This way the product can be reserved if desired, which limits the delivery time.
Are all items of your order in stock? TEAK2 ensures a fast delivery or you can pick up the product. Usually the product is within a week at your home. For most orders, we guarantee a delivery time of two weeks, unless you choose a later delivery date.
Because almost every product must be delivered, we do not currently have a payment terminal in the showroom. Is the item purchased in the store or online and then delivered? You have the choice to pay cash, Bancontact, iDEAL or in advance by bank transfer. Once the money is in the bank account, the furniture will be delivered as soon as possible.
VAT RATE DIFFERENT PER COUNTRY OF DESTINATION
In order to create a level playing field for entrepreneurs within and outside the European Union and to combat VAT fraud, the European Commission called for a new VAT Directive for e-commerce. This new rule ensures that, as of July 1, 2021, webshops will be more quickly confronted with foreign VAT obligations when selling goods to individuals from other EU member states. As a result, TEAK2 applies different VAT rates for the country of destination. These rates are automatically adjusted during checkout.
Belgium / Netherlands / Spain: 21%
France / Austria: 20%
Other countries: On request
NAME: TEAK2 ACCOUNT NUMBER.: BE79 0017 2328 5933 BANK NAME: BNP Paribas Fortis IBAN: BE79 0017 2328 5933 BIC: GEBABEBB VAT NR.: BE0552.850.708
We give you the choice to choose pick up or delivery. Service is very important to us at TEAK2, which is why delivery will always be done by our own service (TEAK2). Control, satisfaction and personal contact! Every piece of furniture is delivered & placed on the ground floor, provided that the space is accessible in a normal way. Please check in advance whether the dimensions of the furniture offer the possibility to get inside to the desired place. TEAK2 will always contact you by phone or email to plan the delivery date. A date and time frame of 2 hours will then be agreed.
Floor or window delivery can be discussed by means of an offer. Keep in mind that all furniture is heavy in weight! Despite the fact that the larger furniture often consists of 2 parts, they remain heavy products that cannot be placed everywhere.
DELIVERY OUTSIDE BENELUX
TEAK2 also delivers at home in other countries. All furniture can be delivered for a fee throughout Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France and other countries. As a result, TEAK2 is not only active in Belgium, but also in the rest of Europe.
Despite the fact that every delivery in the Benelux will be made with our own service, in most cases it is necessary to deviate to other possibilities for further distances. For deliveries outside the Benelux, we look for an external transporter or in some cases our own service.
The products can be picked up at the showroom address in Pelt, Belgium in Limburg. Assistance with loading of course possible. This can be done during opening hours or at an agreed time.
Are you coming for something specific and would you like to take it with you right away? Not everything is set up or is immediately available at the showroom address. So always inform in advance what the possibilities are.
Delivery throughout Belgium at the fixed low rate of €49! Each piece of furniture is delivered & placed on the ground floor to the inside, provided that the space is accessible in a normal way. Please check in advance if the dimensions of the furniture offer the possibility to get inside the desired place. Floor or window delivery can be discussed via quotation.
Delivery outside Belgium? TEAK2 is also active in the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France and other countries. Standard delivery for the Netherlands varies between €49 and €99 depending on location and distance. For Luxembourg this is €99 and the other countries always on request. Inform for the possibilities and prices. When the distance is too far to do our own service, we move to an external transporter.
The delivery is designed to combine multiple addresses. If a specific out-of-route date is requested (depending on distance) a surcharge may apply.
When all products of the order are in stock, we have a delivery time of two weeks at the latest. Usually TEAK2 tries to meet the delivery within a week. Unique in the furniture industry! If you would like a later delivery date, this is of course no problem.
Is the order made to measure or does the article still have to be produced? This process takes about 1-4 months in total. In the case of custom work, the customer is consulted about the wishes and possibilities. Then a CAD drawing is made. If this is approved by the customer, then production starts. TEAK2 keeps you informed when the order is ready and shipped. The transport takes about one month.
RETURN OR EXCHANGE
RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
All online purchases are subject to the right of withdrawal regulated by EU legislation. This remedy only applies if you buy the product remotely, without ever having seen the product physically in the showroom. Distance contracts also cover situations where the consumer visits the business premises merely to obtain information about the goods or service, while the subsequent negotiation and conclusion of the distance contract takes place. By contrast, a contract negotiated on the business premises of the trader and finally concluded by means of distance communication is not considered to be a distance contract. Furniture is heavy and large in size, so the right of withdrawal is not as easy as sending a small parcel. TEAK2 therefore recommends that you always come and see the products in the showroom. Is the distance too long? TEAK2 is unique when it comes to true-to-life pictures in the furniture industry! We do everything we can to provide a detailed description and clear, truthful photos for each product. This will give you a clear picture of all the products that TEAK2 has in its range.
On all our furniture purchased remotely, you are entitled to a trial period of up to 14 calendar days (the right of withdrawal). This consumer contract can be revoked within a period of 14 calendar days after delivery of the product, or after entering into an agreement relating to the provision of services or digital content. During this period you have the possibility to return the collected or delivered goods (or have them returned) without any obligation. Excluded from this viewing period are custom-made furniture or furniture made to order especially for the customer.
After receipt, the goods are objectively inspected and assessed for any damage. If there are damages which were not present at delivery, a proportional compensation will be determined in consultation with the customer. TEAK2 is entitled to charge this depreciation proportionately to the consumer. However, this will only be done after TEAK2 itself has refunded the initial purchase amount in full to the consumer. If the consumer does not comply with the above conditions, this constitutes unlawful use of the right of withdrawal. In that case, the products will be returned to the consumer, at the consumer's own expense and risk.
TEAK2 reimburses all payments made by the consumer, however, transport costs for returning the goods are not included in the refundable order amount. The transport of the return will take place in the same way as the transport with which the products were delivered. In most cases, this transport will be by TEAK2's own service. The return costs incurred by the consumer depend on the location. TEAK2 uses the formula for this: Standard' transport costs x 2. For Belgium, for example, the return costs are €98. Other countries where the transport costs are on request also use this formula. If the delivery is outside a 200km radius (Pelt), this formula also applies and TEAK2 is obliged to pay any additional costs to the consumer. Reimbursement must be made by the same means of payment as that used by the consumer to purchase the product. Payment will be made by TEAK2 at the latest within 14 days from the day on which you were informed of the consumer's decision to withdraw from the contract. TEAK2 may wait longer than 14 days for the refund if TEAK2 has not yet received the goods or at least until the consumer has demonstrated that he has returned the goods (depending on what happens first).
For online purchases:
The consumer who wishes to exercise the right of withdrawal must always inform TEAK2 of this expressly, unambiguously and compulsorily in writing. The consumer can invoke this right by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. This notification must be made within fourteen (14) calendar days from the day of (physical) receipt of the products.
In his communication, the consumer is obliged to provide the following information:
- Date of order, date of receipt and date on which the right of withdrawal is exercised.
- Name and address of the consumer.
- Consumer's signature.
TEAK2 provides a model form here available to the consumer through which the right of withdrawal can be exercised. The consumer must complete this form completely and truthfully.
Is the furniture at your home and do you still want a different size or model? Exchange is possible within 14 calendar days after delivery of the order. Exchanges are subject to the same conditions as the right of withdrawal. Returns will be transported in the same way as the first delivery. It goes without saying that when the product has to be exchanged, the 'standard' transport costs will be charged twice. The consumer must therefore order the transport of the first delivery and the transport of the second delivery. Due to TEAK2's extremely low transport costs, TEAK2 is forced to pass this on in this way. If the products have to be exchanged outside the 200km radius (Pelt) then the following also applies the double transport costs and an additional surcharge may apply.
All our furniture is guaranteed for two (2) years. We recommend that you keep your invoice in a safe place. If you wish to claim under the guarantee, you must be able to submit the invoice at all times.
The consumer can invoke this legal guarantee if the delivered product does not correspond to the requested or ordered product (non-conformity), insofar as the consumer could not establish this non-conformity upon receipt of the product. If the product becomes defective within the first six (6) months after delivery, it is assumed that the defect has existed since delivery. TEAK2 can prove the contrary. If the product defect is found more than six (6) months after delivery, the consumer must prove that the product was not in conformity at the time of delivery.
Furthermore, pursuant to Sections 1641 to 1649 of the Netherlands Civil Code, TEAK2 must, in respect of all customers (consumers and professional customers), guarantee the hidden (non-visible) defects in the products it supplies. For consumers, this system applies after the expiry of the statutory warranty period of two years. The system of hidden defects does not apply if the customer was aware of these defects at the time of purchase. Consequently, every customer is entitled to repair if, after delivery, he observes a hidden defect in the delivered product, in accordance with the legal requirements.
The statutory warranty as well as the warranty for hidden defects does not apply to: damage caused by normal wear and tear, unintentional or deliberate changes made by the customer to the products, including injudicious and incorrect use and exposure to wrong humidity, water damage, fire, glass breakage, sagging due to not fully wearing on the surface and other external causes.
The guarantee conditions do not apply to wear and tear during normal use, such as causing rings from hot pans, cups, moisture-permeable vases or scratches from plates and dishes, for example. Nor can TEAK2 be held liable for differences in colour, grain and/or structure. This is a 100% solid natural product with all its natural characteristics.
The article is a wood product, make sure the humidity in your house is correct (~45-65%). TEAK2 cannot be held liable for products that have suffered damage due to careless handling, temperature fluctuations or the wrong humidity in your home. In spite of the use of the highest quality teak and old and thus 'worked out' teak, it can happen that over time the furniture starts to show hair cracks or small cracks. Naturally, TEAK2 cannot be held liable in any way for this natural effect of the wood. Wood is a natural product and will expand or shrink (too hard) under the wrong conditions depending on humidity. TEAK2 therefore always recommends using a hygrometer to measure humidity. Not only is wood dependent on good humidity, but it is also important for health. TEAK2 cannot be held liable in any way for this natural effect of the wood.
The customer is not entitled to the right of replacement insofar as the defect can reasonably be repaired. The additional costs are divided according to the following table:
- up to one year after the invoice date: the costs of repair or replacement, including freight and call-out charges, shall be borne in full by the entrepreneur.
- one year and up to two years after the invoice date: the costs of repair or replacement, including freight and call-out charges, shall be borne 1/2 part by the entrepreneur.
KLACHTEN EN REPARATIE
We do our utmost to prevent complaints. Should we nevertheless receive a complaint, we always resolve it as quickly and effectively as possible in consultation with the customer.
We kindly ask you to report a complaint or defect to us as soon as possible after delivery. This can be done by phone or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). After receipt of your complaint we will contact you within 24 hours. After filing a complaint or reporting a defect, we will, if necessary, ask for some additional photos before we visit you. If necessary, you will receive an e-mail with the agreements made and a solution. We will respond to your complaint within 14 days of receipt, should it take more time, we will inform you.
From 15 February 2016, it will also be possible for consumers in the EU to register complaints via the ODR platform of the European Commission. If the complaint is not yet being dealt with elsewhere, you are free to file the complaint via the platform of the European Union.
We always try to solve the complaint or defect on the spot. If this is not possible, we will take the furniture to our own workshop or take it to a specialist furniture maker. In the latter case you should take into account that you will lose the furniture for 2-3 weeks.
Teak is a beautiful type of wood that requires little maintenance. 😉 Because teak is greasy it offers a natural protection against dirt and water. It is therefore not necessary to treat it, it may for example be good to nourish the wood so that the beautiful, pure structure is preserved.
TEAK TREATMENT (INDOOR)
- Pure teak is often the most beautiful, teak is greasy so it is not necessary to treat the wood. With teak cabinets, sideboards,... untreated teak will change little. With teak tables, the teak will live more and can get a slightly darker tint through use. If you want to change this, water with a little green soap and a (scouring) sponge may be the solution. The teak tables can be wiped daily with a damp cloth. For better cleaning, a little green soap can be added every now and then.
- The best way to occasionally feed or clean teak is green soap (also called brown soap or Triangle). This can easily be done by dissolving a little green soap in the water and then covering the surface with a wet sponge or damp cloth. If you want to clean the surface a little more stubbornly, the sanding side of the sponge can be used. In addition to green soap, soda or linseed oil are also a good alternative with the same effect. These products are greasy and will not remove the natural oil from the wood.
- The teak can be better protected by applying Woodfix or TeakFix. This is a colourless, water-based teak protector. Without affecting the natural colour of the wood, TeakFix protects the teak against moisture and dirt. Apply easily with a brush or cloth, distribute evenly and apply additional layers for optimal protection. It is best to clean the surface beforehand with green soap or Natural Wood Cleaner. Are there stubborn stains or rings in the wood? These can be carefully removed with a scouring pad. Do you want to clean the table completely? The surface can first be lightly sanded with sandpaper (fine grain, 120 or higher). After applying Woodfix or TeakFix, dry 24 hours later to achieve optimal protection.
- Natural Wood Sealer offers optimal protection against water, oil and grease. It is not a maintenance product, but provides the finishing touch. Natural Wood Sealer is a water-based colourless impregnating oil for all untreated or stained types of wood. Before it can be applied, the teak must be cleaned with green soap or Natural Wood Cleaner. If desired, the top layer can be lightly sanded with sandpaper (fine grain, 120 or higher). Then apply the oil with a dry sponge, cloth, brush or roller and remove the excess with a cloth. Leave to dry for 3 hours and apply a second coat. The more coats, the higher the level of protection and the more gloss the teak gets. In principle, any teak oil can be used here, the teak oil or furniture oil provides good protection and nourishment. When it is applied, the teak will have a darker tint, which will become lighter again over time. Before the teak oil is applied, it is always good to do a test on a piece that is less noticeable.
- Wood Waxoil provides extra protection, cares for and refreshes teak. It is a care product for all types of wood with a natural or matte wax and/or oil layer. This protection consists of a combination of pure wax and natural oil. The teak wood must first be cleaned using Natural Wood Cleaner or green soap. If you want to clean the top layer better, this can be done by lightly sanding the teak with sandpaper (fine grain, 120 or higher). Apply the Waxoil thinly with a cloth and rub it in evenly. Then let it soak for 1-5 minutes and remove the excess Waxoil with a cloth.
- Looking for solid protection for teak? Skylt is a two-component water-based polyurethane lacquer, it offers an untreated look and leaves a matt finish. It is the ultimate protection of teak and protects very well against water and dirt, the surface becomes elastic and abrasion resistant. It is not often used on teak furniture, but it can be useful for a household with children, for example. A table therefore offers the ultimate protection against stains. The surface should first be lightly sanded or well cleaned, and can be applied at room temperature (10-30 degrees). Mix component A with component B, leave to rest for 10 minutes and mix again. After mixing, apply to the surface within 2 to 3 hours. Distribute evenly, the wetter it is applied, the better the varnish will flow together. Then let it dry for 3-4 hours, for a good result wait 8 hours after the first coat and sand the top coat very lightly with a scouring pad for as smooth a result as possible. Then apply a 2nd or 3rd coat, the lacquer layer is lightly loadable after 12-16h and fully loadable after 7-14 days.
TEAK TREATMENT (OUTSIDE)
- Teak garden furniture does not necessarily need to be treated, the wood will discolour from golden brown to silver grey. The teak garden furniture will age due to the reaction of sunlight (UV), oxygen and the calcareous substances in teak. This is a natural reaction and does not affect the life span of teak. Depending on the weather conditions or location, there may be a green or sometimes black deposit on the wood. This is easy to remove and brush and green soap.
- Just like teak for indoors, teak garden furniture is best treated with green soap or soda. This cleans and nourishes the teak in a natural way without removing the natural oil from the wood. The green soap is also called brown soap or Triangle. Cleaning can easily be done by dissolving a little green soap in water and then going over the surface with a hard brush or sponge. The sanding side of the sanding sponge can be used for better cleaning. TEAK2 recommends cleaning the garden furniture 1-2 times a year with this green soap or soda for the best effect. If the teak wood is rough and weathered, the surface can be lightly sanded with sandpaper (fine grain, 120 or higher) when it is dry again. The use of green soap only cleans and nourishes the wood, not preserves the brown colour. It is best to use a teak oil or Teak Protector after this treatment.
- Teak Cleaner is a cleaner and colour restorer, it cleans teak wood thoroughly and removes dirt, mould and stains. It can be applied by first wetting the garden furniture, then applying the Teak Cleaner with a sponge. Let it soak in for a few minutes and lightly scrub the teak with a brush. Finally, rinse gently with water (not a high-pressure cleaner) and allow to dry.
- Teak oil (for outdoor use) nourishes the wood and provides protection. It provides long-lasting protection against the adhesion of dirt and leaves a warm gold-like colour. The teak oil is applied to the dry surface with a brush or cloth. Before application it is good to clean the teak garden furniture with green soap and a brush. After applying the teak oil, let it soak in for a few minutes and then rub it out with a dry cloth. At the beginning the wood will become darker in colour due to the oil, which will fade away after a while.
- Teak Protector protects the teak garden furniture against a grey colour and aging. The protective layer preserves and enhances the beautiful brown teak colour and protects the wood from the sun. It is more durable and lasts longer than teak oil, moreover, the natural colour is virtually retained and stops the black tarnish. Application is easy and quick. Clean the garden furniture first for the best result, this can be done with green soap or Teak Cleaner. Then apply the Teak Protector in 2 layers with a cloth and let it soak in.
- Teak Shield is water and dirt repellent. It helps prevent stains and provides long-lasting protection against dirt, grease and oil. Can be used both indoors and outdoors. Teak Shield (Transparent) is an almost transparent impregnating agent which preserves the natural appearance of the wood. It is a water-based product and provides a breathable and mold inhibiting effect. Apply to a dry surface, first clean with green soap or Teak Cleaner in combination with a sponge or brush. Then apply the Teak Shield with a dry cloth and allow to dry.
HOW NOT TO TREAT TEAK
Never use other cleaning agents such as all-purpose cleaner or detergent. These products will degrease the top layer and remove the natural fats from this layer. This may cause the top layer to become a little porous, causing grease and dirt to penetrate more quickly into the teak.
Teak is a very greasy type of wood so this natural process already provides good protection. If there is a stain in teak, these greases ensure that the stain will dissolve (partly) by itself over time. If the stain is processed deeper into the wood or if you want to remove the stain faster, it is best to use green soap or soda.
Stains are best removed with green soap or soda. Green soap is sometimes also called brown soap or Triangle. Green soap is known as environmentally friendly and is 99% biodegradable. It is seen as a gentle way of cleaning. This is because it does not contain phosphates, ammonia, parabens, acids or other petrochemical ingredients. It poses no danger to your skin or respiratory system. And it's biodegradable.
Add a little green soap or soda to a bucket of (lukewarm) water. Use a sponge or cloth and rub the surface of the teak. Is the stain deeper? Put some pressure on the sponge or use the sanding side of a scouring pad to remove the stains. Then let the teak dry and check whether the stains have disappeared. If the stains are too stubborn, they can easily be removed with fine sandpaper (fine grain, 120 or higher). Always sand away the stain with the grain (longitudinal direction) and do not apply too much pressure. Finish the sanded piece (or the whole teak surface) with some teak oil to nourish and restore colour to this area.
Teak comes from the deciduous tree Tectona Grandis from the tropics. It is a wood species with a very fine wood structure and oily juices that give the wood, both untreated and treated, a beautiful, warm appearance. Because teak is a greasy type of wood, teak naturally has a good protective layer, making it a very easy wood species to maintain. Teak is a durable, very stable and strong wood species that retains its authentic and lively appearance for a long time.
Because teak is a 100% solid natural product, teak also contains all of its natural properties. Therefore, just as with any other type of wood, teak can have differences in colour, grain and structure. As a result, no single piece is 100% identical.
Despite the use of teak wood of the highest quality and old 'worked out' teak, it can happen that over time the furniture starts to show hair cracks or cracks. This is a natural process associated with wood. Naturally, TEAK2 cannot be held liable in any way for this natural effect of the wood. Wood is a natural product and will expand or shrink (too hard) under the wrong conditions depending on humidity. It is therefore important to always maintain a good level of humidity in the house (~45-65%). TEAK2 therefore always recommends using a hygrometer to measure humidity. Too low a humidity level is most common in most (new) homes. A humidifier can be used to maintain the humidity level.
FISSURES OR CRACKS
When humidity and temperature fluctuate sharply, teak can expand or shrink too hard. This can result in cracks or tears, the natural working of wood. Correct and stable humidity prevents this effect! This is not only important for teak, but also for human and animal health.
Cracks and fissures in teak are no problem and give charm to wood. Teak is very strong and hard so the construction will always retain its strength. All TEAK2 furniture is designed in such a way that the wood can work, the construction can expand and shrink up to a certain factor without tearing or cracking. Each panel is therefore not fixed to the construction, but can move freely. Of course, in case of a strong change, the force will be too great to stop this.
Fissures or cracks can always close again when the humidity level is restored. Moreover, they can always be filled with liquid wood, also called malleable wood filler. Only apply this wood filler when the teak has regained its good air humidity. If the crack is too big, it can be dissolved with wood glue and wood clamps. A crack or crack can therefore always be touched up again.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Goods remain the property of TEAK2 until payment has been made.
Our furniture is handcrafted in Indonesia and can therefore sometimes have a very small deviation from photo and/or construction drawings.
The article is a wood product, make sure the humidity in your house is correct (~45-65%). TEAK2 cannot be held liable for products that have suffered damage due to careless handling, temperature fluctuations or the wrong humidity in your home. Wood is a natural product and will expand or shrink (too hard) under the wrong conditions depending on humidity. TEAK2 therefore always recommends using a hygrometer to measure humidity. Not only is wood dependent on good humidity, but it is also important for health.
Each piece of furniture is delivered indoors provided that the space is accessible in a normal way, taking into account the size of the furniture. Floor or window delivery can be discussed by means of an offer. Do not underestimate the size and weight of furniture! The price of delivery is kept as low as possible. It is therefore self-evident that this rate is calculated on the combination of several addresses. If a specific date is requested outside the route (depending on distance) a surcharge may apply.